Job Number 21147637 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The Ritz-Carlton Doha, P.O. Box 23400, Doha, Qatar, Qatar Brand The Ritz-Carlton Schedule Full-Time Relocation? N Position Type Management Located Remotely? N At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Qatar
Job Number 21147637
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton Doha, P.O. Box 23400, Doha, Qatar, Qatar
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Responsible for supervising food and beverage/culinary daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.
JOB FAMILY CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Demonstrating Leadership – Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Exceeding Customer Expectations – Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improving Service – Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Developing and Building Teams – Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Supervising Associates – Supervising and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates’ absence.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Modeling Appropriate Behaviors – Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Coaching and Developing Others – Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Managing Daily Operations of the Area or Department – Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates – Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Training and Teaching Others – Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Maintaining Productivity Levels – Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of associates.
• Integrating Departmental Goals – Providing the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Creates and nurtures a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and passion for providing service.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Reviews comment cards and GSS result with associates.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Understands, implements and trains team members on quality service delivery.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Assists supervisors in understanding team members ever changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with associates concerns.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS (continued)
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
• Ensures all team members/ supervisors understand the brand specific philosophy.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
• Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Number Facility – The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
• Analytical/Critical Thinking – The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
• Originality – The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Adaptability – Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
• Aligning Performance for Success – Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
• Building a Successful Team – Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
• Building Trust – Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
• Communication – Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
• Customer Focus – Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers’ needs.
• High Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
• Planning and Organizing – Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
• Problem Solving/Decision Making – Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.