Job Summary The Missile PGM Technician inspects, maintains, assembles, disassembles, repairs and tests assigned missiles (air-to-air and air-ground), other PGM, associated components, training items, support equipment and containers IAW AFMAN 21-201 and pertinent technical data. Operates Theater Ingegrated Combat Munitions System (TICMS). Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Qatar
The Missile PGM Technician inspects, maintains, assembles, disassembles, repairs and tests assigned missiles (air-to-air and air-ground), other PGM, associated components, training items, support equipment and containers IAW AFMAN 21-201 and pertinent technical data. Operates Theater Ingegrated Combat Munitions System (TICMS). Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
• Consistently observes and enforces all USAF and host nation explosives safety, AFOSH, and security standards during all explosives and non-explosives operations in assigned sites and TDY locations.
• Takes necessary control and timely response actions during emergency events.
• Maintains proficiency to operate and inspect diversified electronic PGM test equipment, PMEL calibrated tools, and all Munitions Material Handling Equipment (MMHE).
• Conducts all PGM work according to established quality processes, identifies problems and recommends solutions.
• Inspects and tests live/captive missiles, PGMs and associated components at required technical data intervals.
• Maintains, assembles/disassembles, processes, and modifies unguided and precision guided missiles according to tech data.
• Completes system repairs, alignments and calibration requirements, removes and installs components, to include circuit board replacement.
• Interprets system specifications, schematics, and drawings to troubleshoot and diagnose system malfunctions to determine fault, corrective actions, make repairs, and identify adverse trends.
• Performs physical verification of the material, condition code, lot, serial number, DOM, NSN, and DODIC to Munitions Information System (MIS) records during any maintenance action and takes corrective actions IAW assigned processes.
• Performs organizational and intermediate level maintenance, to include reconstitution, Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) actions on PGM systems and associated support equipment.
• Prepares assets for redistribution to theater and/or retrograde to CONUS, to include completion of required documentation.
• Initiates, prepares, maintains, processes and updates forms and records maintained in MIS.
• Assists inspecting PGM assets in accordance with 11A-1-10 and applicable technical orders.
• Operates MIS as applicable to the Missile Element processes and authorized access rights.
• Inspects, operates and performs maintenance on light vehicles and handling equipment such as, forklifts, pallet jacks, and manual hoists
• Inspects and operates metal strapping equipment, stencil machines, heat sealers, pneumatic paint guns, air compressors, power tools, and other equipment required by technical data.
• Inspects and performs minor maintenance on facilities and installed equipment. Cleans vehicles, equipment and facilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have intermediate knowledge of the USAF Supply and Tech Order systems or US service equivalent.
• Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
• May be required to operate material handling equipment.
• Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have a minimum of four years of experience with USAF Military Munitions or US service equivalent.
• Must not have been convicted of a Domestic Violence charge (Lautenberg Amendment compliance).
• Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
• Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
• Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
• Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Must have normal color perception and depth of vision.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Preferred to have at least two years of experience with missiles, PGMs, and associated components.
• Preferred to have attended formal USAF Field Training Detachment training for each system.
• Preferred experience with a minimum 2 of the following systems: AIM-9/AIM-120/AGM-65/AGM-88/AGM-158.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Reasonable Accommodation Helpline at 1-888-877-3181 or 301-944-3299 or email (email address) for assistance. In order to address your request, the following information is needed:
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.